Wednesday, August 15, 2007

¡Earthquake!



Okay, well it wasn´t actually an earthquake, but it was definitely a tremor. And to me, who´s never felt one before, it seemed like an earthquake. I was just sitting in the living room watching TV and there was a shake. And not at all what I would have expected. I though a tremor was little, and I guess this one was fairly small, but it actually rattled the picture frame sitting on the table beside me. I forgot that when I got here, my family had told me that they get almost weekly tremors, and there hasn´t been one yet. My family says I´ll get used to them, but it definitely rattled me (no pun intended.)

I don´t really have anything else to say. Today was a good, restfull day, probably the first one I´ve had yet (and maybe the last!) We had the day off school because there was a Catholic holiday. My host dad went to work for a bit and my sister Fernanda went to a friends. Xime, my other sister, went to Santiago yesterday afternoon for some kind of concert, and will be getting back tomorrow night. I went out for groceries once, and then caught up on some reading, which I havn´t had a lot of time to do yet. So the earthquake was about the most exciting thing that has happened to me in the last few days. And it was quite exciting.


The pictures above are of the grape fields that are everywhere in Chile. We drove by them on the way home from the grocery store. They are enormous, but youu can´t tell from the photo. They go on forever and they are all in perfect little rows. They´re kind of ugly right now, because they are all brown, but when they bloom in the summer, they are apparently beautiful!